Remarkable Features (see link below for all specifications):
- Signature South Bend 3 V-way bed constructed of hardened and precision ground Meehanite cast iron
- Fagor ProKit 2-Axis Digital-Readout (DRO)
- Allen Bradley electrical controls, Yaskawa inverter, and Japanese spindle bearings
- Electronic Variable Speed (EVS) allows the operator to “dial” the perfect cutting speed
- Tailstock barrel moves 6″ without moving tailstock!
- Adjustable feed-rod clutch system for preventing crash damage (great when working close to chuck)
- “On-the-fly” feed-direction controls make it easy to move carriage back-and-forth during operation
- SB1014F features a 7 1⁄2 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 60Hz motor
- SB1015F features a 7 1⁄2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 60Hz motor
Click HERE to view full specs.
About South Bend Lathe
South Bend Lathe Works was founded in 1906 by the O’Brien twin brothers after they graduated from Purdue University in Indiana.
Within just a quarter of a century, South Bend Lathe Works became the largest manufacturer of precision metalworking lathes in the world with customers in more than 88 countries, and machines which were used in every type of industry including schools, home workshops and large manufacturers. A couple of very famous customers included Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. Our largest customers are the US Navy and Army as well as many departments of our Government.
The passion which the O’Brien brothers had when they founded South Bend Lathes continues today and we are proud to boast that we have the largest selection of premium quality manual lathes in the world.
Utilizing Meehanite bed castings, Allen Bradley controls, German and Japanese precision made bearings, we make sure that no aspect of the quality is compromised.