Wisconsin Oven is pleased to announce the shipment of one (1) Electrically Heated Horizontal Quench System to a manufacturer of products for the automotive industry. This system will be used for the solution treatment of aluminum.
The maximum temperature for this horizontal quench furnace is 1,200°F and interior chamber dimensions of 2′ wide x 2′ high x 2′ long. The system has the capacity to heat 450 pounds of aluminum parts and the steel basket within 60 minutes. Temperature uniformity of +/- 10°F at set points 850°F and 1,050°F was verified with a nine (9) point profile test prior to shipment.
This horizontal quench system provides a 15 second quench delay from when the door begins to open until the load is fully submerged in the tank. The quench is manual, where the operator pulls the load out of the oven and onto the quench elevator using a hook. The quench delay time is recorded and enforced using sensors to detect the start and end of the quench operation, and to stop the process if the quench delay time expires. Click on this link to watch a video of this system in operation.
“This Horizontal Quench System was designed with a manual quench which is a cost-effective option and still ensures there are no improperly processed parts. The system also features foldable unload wheel rails to save on floor space.”
– Doug Christiansen, Senior Application Engineer
Unique features of this horizontal quench furnace include:
- Watlow F4T digital temperature controller with Ethernet capabilities
- High limit controller for product over temperature protection
- A pneumatically actuated quench tank lift
- Foldable unload wheel rails as a space saving feature
- Remote push button control of the quench tank lift
- Combination style airflow to maximize heating rates
- Guaranteed heat up of parts in 60 minutes or less
- Vertical lift pneumatically operated door