Tormach Inc., the industry’s leading supplier of affordable and compact CNC machines, has announced it is now offering the microARC 4, a device that allows high-precision 4th axis machining in a compact footprint. The microARC 4 works with all Tormach machines, from the PCNC 440 Mill to the 1100 M/MX Mill. Like all Tormach products, the microARC 4 is available at a very attractive price point – just $2,299, which is significantly less than other brands.
microARC 4 reduces both operator workload and cycle times with a high-quality, low-maintenance harmonic drive. The drive provides extremely precise motion control, coupled with much higher rapid speeds than a worm-drive unit. Key features of the microARC 4 include:
- Near-zero backlash levels because of the harmonic drive system; compared to a similar size worm-drive 4th axis unit, the microARC 4 achieves anywhere from a 400%-600% reduction in backlash;
- No maintenance required, providing a much lower cost of ownership than an oil-filled worm drive unit, which requires periodic oil changes and top-ups;
- Smoother start and stop motion due to a crossed-roller bearing instead of a large oil-film hydrodynamic bearing that is common on most other 4th axis units, which require a transition from static to dynamic friction;
- 19mm center bore pass-through for long bar stock; stock can be passed all the way through the chuck and out the back of the 4th axis – no need to cut stock into small pieces when doing a production run of many parts;
- The microARC 4’s motor is mounted directly in-line with the axis of rotation instead of off to the side, providing an extremely compact footprint;
- Lightweight and strong aluminum body allows for installation into the machine without a hoist or team lift.
“The microARC 4 is a very versatile, useful addition for machinists looking to add a 4th axis to their Tormach CNC Mills,” said Peter Den Hartog, Machine Design Engineer at Tormach. “It not only enhances machining capabilities, but it provides much better performance than traditional 4th axis devices.”
microARC 4 is available for purchase on the Tormach website.
For more details and complete specifications on the microARC 4, including visit https://tormach.com/microarc-4-4th-axis-38412.html.
Located in Waunakee, Wisconsin USA, Tormach Inc. is dedicated to providing exceptionally engineered products, technical support, and customer service at the lowest possible cost. Our focus is to help our customers realize goals in CNC by providing tools and resources to help transform concepts into real products.
Whether you are involved in research and development, education, short run production, or simply an entrepreneur with an idea, Tormach small CNC products will allow you to make what you need easier, quicker, and more affordably.https://www.tormach.com/our_story.html