Hypertherm, a U.S. based manufacturer of industrial cutting systems and software, today announced an update to its Robotmaster® offline robot programming software. This new version 7.5 update focuses on accelerating and simplifying the programming process and includes new features for a variety of robotic applications. Key highlights include:
- New material removal simulation capabilities so users can visually see what the material removal process will look like. This can help users forecast whether a collision between the robotic arm and stock material could occur in real life.
- Improvements to the overall user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) for easier and faster programming. Users will experience an improved tab system menu design, a cleaner interface, and many other improvements for an overall 50 percent reduction in programming time.
- Streamlined programming using two new modes: Operation-focused and Orientation helper. Operation-focused consolidates the tools and workflows needed for an error-free program onto one window while Orientation helper, with its combination of axis configuration and optimized automatic path planning, provides live feedback on the feasibility of a planned operation. This makes it ideal for task experts with no robotics experience.
- Enhanced CAM functionality to manage and store operation parameters in an optimized manner resulting in a smoother programming experience.
- Formalized and enhanced support for macros to manage and validate robot behavior outside of the trajectory scope. A new feature called Macro manager ensures an error- and collision-free path between operations and the executed external macro.
- New simplified processor framework allows users to make updates with minimal training and no coding experience.
“With a rising interest in robotic offline applications, programming challenges increase with new customer requests. Robotmaster V7.5, with its latest set of new features and improvements, like the re-designed tab system and the new interactive tool orientation scan, improves upon Robotmaster’s well known state-of-the-art tools to satisfy the market needs, setting an exciting new milestone for the extremely capable V7 architecture,” said Alfonso Lopez, an applications team manager with IntercamSA, a European based distributor of Robotmaster software.
Robotmaster, a Hypertherm brand, is an offline robot programming software that helps manufacturers maximize their robot’s productivity with easy and efficient robot programming for a variety of applications such as cutting, trimming, milling, welding, spraying, polishing, sanding, grinding, deburring, and more. Robotmaster uses integrated CAD/CAM functionality to make robotic programming easy and intuitive for everyone, even first-time users.
Learn more at www.robotmaster.com.
Hypertherm engineers and manufactures industrial cutting products used by companies around the world to build ships, airplanes and railcars, construct steel buildings, manufacture heavy equipment, and more. Its products include cutting systems, CNCs, and software trusted for performance and reliability that result in increased productivity and profitability for hundreds of thousands of businesses. Founded in 1968 and based in New Hampshire, Hypertherm is a 100 percent Associate owned company, employing more than 1,800 Associates, with operations and partner representation worldwide.
Learn more at www.hypertherm.com.