International Machinery Co. has been importing and distributing the high-quality European LION Engine Lathes from Europe for over 40 years. Best known for its heavy duty construction, rigidity, and reliability, LION has established itself on the market as a high quality European manual lathe at affordable prices. This fall, Industrial Machinery Digest subscribers can take advantage of the European quality Lion Engine Lathes special pricing.
MODEL 30-CU ENGINE LATHE with DRO – Available Now – Only $41,790
(Regularly Priced: $59,700)
The Model 30-CU is among the heaviest manual lathes produced in this size range, and it provides the ideal blend of heavy-duty construction, rigidity, and accuracy. It features a heavy-duty clutched headstock with hardened and ground gears, 4” spindle bore, accurate spindle with SKF spindle bearings, removable gap for machining larger parts, Inch & Metric threading without change of gear, and the convenience of a single lever feed joystick which operates feeds and 4-way rapid traverse. This rugged engine lathe also features heavy-duty monoblock bed construction (cross ribbed) with 19” wide bedways and heavy machine weights. In the range of 30” swing lathes, this is an ideal choice to meet the most demanding of your manual metalworking lathe needs.
Key Features On This Manual Lathe
- Heavy-duty clutched headstock with hardened and ground gears.
- 4” spindle bore with D1-11 spindle nose.
- Precision spindle with SKF spindle bearings.
- Removable gap bed.
- Inch & metric threading without change of gear.
- Simple Feed Operation through the Single Lever Feed Joystick.
- 4-way rapid traverse.
- 2-Speed Tailstock with Tag along feature.
- Heavy-duty monoblock bed construction (cross ribbed) with 19” wide bedways.
- Heavy machine weights.