The Concentric Maxi Torque by CMT is a revolutionary keyless tapered bushing & shaft-to-hub connection system. Developed initially for the synchronous drives market, it is designed and patented by Custom Machine & Tool Co., Inc. Patent No. 6,568,063.
CMT TECHNOLOGY – Concentric Maxi Torque
CMT is a unique bushing attachment system: a single set screw locks the low-taper-angle split bushing in place and eliminates all of the existing attachment issues.
- The bushing system is engineered to assure full surface contact and even clamping pressure with a single set screw.
- Set screw size optimized to provide holding torque in line with shaft diameters and component torques.
- Developed using mathematical and FEA modeling.
- Scalable to any shaft/bore size requirement.
- Lower inertia and better shaft-to-component balance.
- System design assures near-perfect hub-to-shaft concentricity when assembled.
CMT PRODUCT FAMILY
Custom Machine & Tool Co., Inc. has developed its CMT bushing system, through scalable technology, to meet a wide variety of popular, as well as custom, hub-to-shaft combinations.
- Imperial & metric bore size coverage from .125” to 1.1875” and 3mm to 30mm
- Torque capacities from 14 in-lbs (1.5Nm) to 2,795 in-lbs (315 Nm)
- Multiple bore size offerings per bushing size allowing for maximum mix & match flexibility with minimum components
- Withstands repeated assembly and disassembly with no shaft damage and without a reduction in torque capacity
- Flexible positioning accuracy provides easy phase adjustment
CMT BUSHING SYSTEM APPLICATIONS
Custom Machine & Tool Co., Inc., an innovative designer and market leader can apply the CMT bushing system in solving your most demanding hi-tech synchronous drive and rotating component problems.
- High-speed indexing and reversing in systems using timing belt pulleys and gears
- Systems requiring a high level of component rotational positioning accuracy and precise run-out control
- Designs where reduced inertia and low vibration are desired
- Components required to be assembled and disassembled multiple times during their life
- Rotating mechanisms requiring compact space
- Devices requiring high reliability with minimal maintenance
CONCENTRIC MAXI TORQUE
A Technically Superior Solution
- Quicker assembly than other systems
- Higher holding reliability – lower maintenance
- Improved shaft-to-hub concentricity – less run-out
- Multiple bore sizes available per bushing size
- Reduced inertia for increased power savings
- Compact design fits in tighter spaces
- Cost competitive with all other attachment systems
CMT offers the Guaranteed Shipment Program for timing pulley stock for 5 pieces and less shipped within 72 hours or we pay the UPS ground freight charges.* We provide first-class timing pulley stock in a variety of materials quicker than anyone else in the business. CMT also carries a complete line of matching flanges and timing belts to provide you with a one-stop solution.
Custom Machine & Tool Co., Inc.
301 Winter Street, Hanover, MA 02339 USA
P: (781) 924-1003 or (800) 355-5949
F: (781) 924-5154 or (800) 355-4490