The Motion + Power Technology Expo, formerly Gear Expo, has expanded their educational offerings as part of this year’s event taking place October 15-17 in Detroit. For the first time, the event will offer an all new MPT Conference program with 16 sessions offered in two tracks: Business and Emerging Technology. Attendees will learn from industry experts on the hottest topics including cybersecurity, supply chain, 3D printing, robotics and much more. The event is produced by the American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA) and the National Fluid Power Association (NFPA) and will be co-located with the ASM Heat Treating Society Conference and Exposition.
“We are excited to be offering an outstanding conference program to run alongside our expansive exhibit hall. Attendees will have access to a great line-up of thought leaders who will share their knowledge of several important topics impacting the power transmission industry,” said Jenny Blackford, Vice President, Marketing, AGMA. “Attendees will be able to learn about the research driving the next generation of innovation at the MPT Conference, AGMA’s Fall Technical Meeting, and other education courses.”
The following conference sessions will be taking place Wednesday, October 16, 2019 and Thursday, October 17th, 2019 – for a complete listing of speakers and times, click here.
- Improve In-Transit Visibility to Reduce Supply Chain – presented by CalAmp
- Economic Outlook and Trends within the Industrial Fluid Power Market – presented by Oxford Economics
- Blockchain: The Future of Manufacturing – presented by SIMBA Chain
- Effective Contract Negotiations: The Path to Commercial Success with Large OE Customers – presented by Rouse Contract Consultants, LLC
- The Evolution of the Automotive Powertrain – presented by IHS Markit
- Workforce Development Using a Farm Team Approach – presented by Scot Forge
- Cybersecurity Hygiene in Motion – presented by (ISC)2 Central Florida Chapter
- Hire Like Nobody’s Business – presented by Diversified Industrial Staffing
Emerging Technology Track:
- Simplifying Industrial IoT for Discrete Manufacturers – presented by MachineMetrics
- The Future of eMobility in the Commercial Vehicle Space – presented by Meritor
- Processes and New Machines for 3D Printing Metal – presented by The Barnes Group Advisors
- The End of Fear: How Collaborative Industrial Robots Will Change Durable Goods Manufacturing – presented by Veo Robotics
- Standards for IIoT Interoperability – presented by MTConnect
- Losing Teeth? The Future of Gear Trains in the Age of Electrification – presented by Schaeffler
- Materials Challenges and Solutions in Additive Manufacturing – presented by QuesTek Innovations, LLC
- Collaborative Operation in Industry Today – presented by FANUC America Corporation
The Motion + Power Technology Expo (MPT Expo), formerly Gear Expo, will bring together 4,000+ professionals looking for technical solutions from more than 300 exhibitors across the supply chain including gear companies, machine tools suppliers and electric drive solutions showcasing new products and services from industry leaders. The Motion + Power Technology Expo will also offer the AGMA Fall Technical Meeting and short course technical programs from AGMA and NFPA in several education seminars. There will also be networking receptions, private meetings, one-on-one time with suppliers, exchanges in the education sessions, and mingling with colleagues on the show floor.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Click HERE to register.
About Motion + Power Technology Expo
The Motion + Power Technology Expo will be held in Detroit, MI October 15-17, 2019 at the Cobo Center. Exhibitors will span the 80,000 sq. ft. of floor space with more than 4,000 attendees visiting their booths. Education classes and the annual AGMA Fall Technical Meeting will be held in conjunction with the Expo. MPT Expo will be co-located with the ASM Heat Treating Society Conference and Exposition.