ASM International, ASM Heat Treating Society, and AGMA are co‐locating to bring three events to one location — ASM’s Heat Treat and IMAT events with AGMA’s Motion + Power Technology Expo are ready to provide the forum for the industry to get back to business and meet safely in person. The top priority remains the health and safety of all those who support the event on‐site. They have protocols in place and are working with the America’s Center Convention Complex, the city of St. Louis, and their vendor partners to provide a safe environment for a successful in‐person event.
There are a lot of questions about attendance, protocols and what to expect. First, as we are all aware, the landscape changes daily and we are all doing our best to navigate through the latest information each day. One thing we know, industry is ready to get back to business and connect in‐person.
The BIGGEST QUESTION — Attendance
- COVID‐19 will impact attendance: Heat Treat, IMAT, and the MPT Expo are focused, quality attendee events.
- Heat Treat, IMAT, and MPT exhibitors will connect with customers and colleagues they have not seen in over a year, and meet new ones, as the show is one of the first industrial events being held in the United States after the pandemic.
- It only takes one connection or order to get ROI.
- The shows are committed to meeting safely, to network, conduct business and make those personal connections in a face‐ to‐face environment.
- Industry leaders are committing to live presentations and Q&A during the Heat Treat, IMAT, and MPT expos, a critical value for the technical communities.
ASM and AGMA are committed to holding their conference’s trade shows this September and will not be canceling the events. Their members want a platform to conduct business face‐to‐face and it is their job to support that with their conferences and trade shows this September. ASM and AGMA have been “all in” from the beginning and continue to be.
ASM and AGMA are committed to transparency
- Industry events are tracking between 50‐60% of their typical attendance, according to the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR).
- There will be minimal international participation due to travel restrictions.
- Exhibitors have reduced attendance in order to properly scale their participation.
There currently is a mask mandate for the city of St. Louis. ASM and AGMA are committed to following all city, state, and federal requirements to make sure we provide a safe environment for our shows. The orginzations will keep their exhibitors and attendees updated on these safety measures.
ASM and AGMA want to thank their members, exhibitors, speakers, and committees for their ongoing support of Heat Treat, IMAT, and MPT Expo. ASM and AGMA are looking forward to bringing the industry back together in September, for the first time for any large‐scale event since October 2019.
Please reach out to ASM or AGMA for the latest information regarding the events. ASM International Kelly Thomas, Director, Global Events and Exhibits Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Blackford, VP, Business Management Division email@example.com