Curtiss-Wright’s Industrial Division announced that it has launched a new non-contact, rotary position sensor from its brand family of Williams Controls.
The WM-830 is a cost-effective, non-contact rotary position sensor that uses proven Hall-effect technology to provide accurate and reliable measurement of angular position. Its mechanical, ruggedized design offers exceptional levels of performance against water, dust, shock, vibration and temperature.
Benefits of the WM-830 rotary position sensor include:
- Non-contact sensing technology provides a long mechanical life
Standard 48.5 degrees measurement angle – common for many electronic throttle pedal designs.
- Interchangeable with the existing WM-810 rotary position sensor.
- Available with optional PWM outputs and 15- to 360-degree measurement angle.
- Connects via industry-standard Packard Electric ‘Metri-Pack’ 150 connectorsThe WM-830 operates from a 5Vdc supply and has dual integrated circuits that are electrically isolated to provide two truly independent voltage signals, allowing the host electronics to detect output errors.
- In the event of connection errors, the sensor outputs enter pre-defined states, providing further integrity.
- Mechanical engagement with the rotating portion of the sensor is via a slotted cavity.
The sensor is ideal for use by OEMs of on- and off-highway vehicles that are destined for use in challenging environments, and as a cost-effective solution for medium volume applications where a small degree of customization may be required.
Sales inquiries: Please forward all sales and reader service inquiries to email@example.com.
For more information on Curtiss-Wright Industrial division products, please visit www.cw-industrialgroup.com.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 9,000 people worldwide.