Today at Automate 2019, Epson Robots, the #1 SCARA robot manufacturer in the world, announced the IntelliFlex™ Feeding System. Powered by Epson Robots’ IntelliFlex Software and Vision Guide, the IntelliFlex Feeding System delivers a simplistic and affordable feeding solution to accommodate a wide variety of parts for advanced applications in medical, consumer, automotive, electronics and more. Available in June, 2019, it will be showcased at Automate 2019, McCormick Place, booth 7566 in Chicago, IL.
The IntelliFlex Feeding System offers a smart alternative to feeders available in the market today. This revolutionary system eliminates costly, time-consuming retooling and allows manufacturers to work with a wide variety of parts without purchasing new equipment. Integrated with Epson RC+® Development Software, the IntelliFlex Feeding System offers easy setup and configuration from one environment. Its point-and-click interface helps reduce the typical development time required for advanced applications. Smart auto-tuning automatically adjusts the IntelliFlex Feeding System for new parts, giving you a flexible, cost-efficient, future-proof parts singulation solution.
“The IntelliFlex Feeding System meets a growing need for high mix low volume parts singulation,” said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management for Epson Robots. “The integration of Epson robots, feeder and vision system into a single development environment dramatically reduces development time, providing manufacturers operational efficiency with quick part changeovers.”
- High-performance parts-feeding solution ― powered by Epson robots, IntelliFlex Software, and Vision Guide
- Simple setup and configuration ― fully integrated with Epson RC+ Development Software
- Point-and-click interface ― helps reduce the typical development time required for advanced applications
- Flexible parts handling ― supports parts from 5 to 40 mm in size
- Quick parts changeover ― feeder offers easy setup to accommodate different parts for reduced total cost of ownership
- Compatible with a wide range of parts ― supports simple to complex parts, as well as delicate materials
- Smart auto-tuning ― automatically adjusts the feeder parameters for new parts setup
- Unique directional vibration capabilities ― multi-axis vibration technology for optimized parts control and singulation
- Blacklight options ―red, green, blue, white and infrared available
- Tray configuration options ― ESD/anti-static and anti-rolling available
About Epson Robots
Epson Robots is a global leader in PC controlled precision factory automation, with an installed base of well over 85,000 robots worldwide and a product line of hundreds of models of easy to use SCARA, Cartesian and 6-Axis robots based on a common PC based platform. Building on a 35-year heritage, Epson Robots today delivers robots for precision assembly and material handling applications in the aerospace, appliance, automotive, biotechnology, consumer product, electronics, food processing, medical device, pharmaceutical, plastics, semiconductor, and telecommunication industries.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, watches and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 81,000 employees in 85 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America.