VERICUT 7.3 includes many enhancements that significantly improve performance and further simplify the process of simulating a CNC machine. Changes to how users interact with VERICUT further improve VERICUT’s workflow, and are a direct result of CGTech’s philosophy of continuous product improvement.
VERICUT Product/Function Overview:
VERICUT is CNC machine simulation, verification and optimization software that enables users to eliminate the process of manually proving out NC programs. It reduces scrap loss and rework. The program also optimizes NC programs in order to both save time and produce higher quality surface finish. VERICUT simulates all types of CNC machine tools, including those from leading manufacturers such as DMG-Mori Seiki, Mazak, Makino, Matsuura, Hermle, DIXI, and Chiron. VERICUT runs standalone, but can also be integrated with leading CAM systems such as Catia, NX, Creo Parametric (Pro/E), MasterCAM, PowerMill, EdgeCAM, hyperMILL, Esprit and GibbsCAM.
The VERICUT user interface is very customizable. In version 7.3, the first thing a user will notice is the all-new icons, available in multiple sizes. There are also several user-selectable color themes, and every window and icon can be optionally displayed or hidden.
Version 7.3 performance is now 5-10x (or more) faster when the NC program moves the simulated machine into potential collision conditions. A significant in-house development effort produced enhancements to VERICUT’s industry leading collision algorithms, removing the need to adjust complex machine models to improve performance.
- Drag/drop files from Windows for quick setup.
- Constant gouge check simulation with very large design models is now 2-5x faster.
- Automatically save a Reviewer file during the simulation session. The VERICUT Reviewer incorporates all the functionality of NC Review mode in a stand-alone viewer that does not require a license.
- Measure tool assembly components in the tool manager.
- New CAD/CAM interfaces are available for Surfcam and SolidWorks. Many other CAD/CAM interface improvements have been implemented.
- SpacePilot Mouse/Navigator motion is improved.
- Over 400 customer-driven enhancements and software change requests have been completed since version 7.2.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, CGTech specializes in numerical control (NC/CNC) simulation, verification, optimization and analysis software technology for manufacturing. Since 1988 CGTech’s product, VERICUT® software, has become the industry standard for simulating CNC machining in order to detect errors, potential collisions or areas of inefficiency. With offices worldwide, VERICUT software is used by companies of all sizes, universities/trade schools, and government agencies.