After overwhelming visitor participation last year, ESAB Welding & Cutting Products has expanded its educational events at FABTECH 2019, all taking place in booth B17087 of the North Building of Chicago’s McCormick Place, Nov. 11 – 14. Hands-on demo and live-arc system solutions appeal to visitors across every industry segment, from large manufacturers to independent contractors and students.
ESAB University will occupy a dedicated learning area within the booth, featuring multiple daily educational sessions by welding experts and digital media personalities. Presenters include Weld.com host Bob Moffatt, co-host Jason Becker and Weld.com welding specialist Michael Becher, as well off-road vehicle and fabrication expert Ian Johnson. Sessions cover TIG, MIG, Stick, oxy-fuel, AWS D1.1 and more, while a panel discussion will help students find employment after welding school.
Hands-on opportunities for booth visitors include stations for welding, manual plasma cutting and oxy-fuel cutting. Live-arc exhibits demonstrate total system solutions for pressure vessel, shipyard, tube and pipe and cutting automation applications. Booth visitors who participate in a demo will receive an entry form to enter the Win with ESAB daily prize drawing for a Rebel® EMP 215ic multi-process welder or Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 60i plasma cutter.
The Victor® Rulers of the Flame cutting contest features head-to-head oxy-fuel cutting competitions. Contest participants receive swag bags, and each round winner receives a Victor Performer EDGE™ 2.0 outfit. Based on an assessment of combined cutting skills, the final winner will receive a Rulers of the Flame jacket and a Cutmaster® 60i.
World-renowned metal artist David Madero, who has used Victor torches since his father introduced them to him 35 years ago, will create a metal sculpture in its entirety during FABTECH in the ESAB booth. Madero knows the work will inspire others. “People coming out of trade schools might not have artistic backgrounds, but they can do amazing things from their instinct just by using some of the skills they learned,” says Madero. “When it has to do with our own artwork, each weld that we do is a piece of ourselves.”
Fabricators focused on cutting automation can enter the Turn the Table sweepstakes in the Thermal Dynamics Automation section of the booth. The contest offers the chance to win a $20,000 credit toward the purchase of select Thermal Dynamics plasma automation equipment, including Ultra-Cut® XT and Auto-Cut® power sources and iCNC Performance controller.
“For FABTECH 2019, we’re collaborating with the leading online educational site Weld.com to offer more courses at ESAB University and added technical presentations from ESAB experts. Visitors will be able to see, try and learn about more solutions than ever before,” says Steven Molenda, Director of Global Marketing Communications and Marketing Strategies, ESAB. “By connecting our people, process and technology, we aim to show visitors how they can shape the future of their business with ESAB at their side.”
Manual Welding Opportunities
ESAB has redefined rugged portability with its new Robust Feed Pro wire feeder. The shop version will be set up for pulsed MIG with the new Aristo® 500ix power source and AlcoTec® aluminum wire. The Robust Feed Pro Offshore system features the Warrior® 500i power source and Dual Shield® flux cored wire.
The full Rebel line up will be available, including ESAB Rebel™ EMP 205ic AC/DC for TIG aluminum, as will Renegade™ ES 300i for Stick welding with Atom Arc®, Atom Arc Acclaim and the new ESAB 7018-1 Prime low hydrogen electrodes.
ESAB will showcase the following products at FABTECH 2019:
- Manual plasma: ESAB will preview its next-generation Cutmaster 40, a 115V – 230V unit that weighs 23 lbs., is rated for cutting ½-in. steel and delivers a 40-amp output at 40 percent duty cycle. For cutting up to 60 percent longer before changing electrodes, try the new Cutmaster Black Series consumables.
- Auto-darkening welding helmets: Based on the popularity of its advanced SENTINEL A50, ESAB has launched the SAVAGE A40. Like SENTINEL, it features True Color technology for greater clarity of the weld puddle and surrounding area, an externally activated Grind button and four arc sensors, but it also strikes a balance between performance and value.
- Hardfacing: Stoody® has launched a family of chrome-free filler metals for combating hexavalent chromium issues, as well as a complete portfolio of NTP (No Twist Pack) drums, making smaller diameter wires available for high-volume and robotic hardfacing applications.
- Low-hydrogen electrodes: ESAB 7018-1 Prime H4R Stick electrodes come in a 24-lb. master carton that contains six, 4-lb. VacPac™ vacuum-sealed packages. They have unlimited shelf life and do not require special warehouse conditions. Dual Shield® Prime flux cored wires feature laser welded seams to combat moisture absorption in humid environments, retaining their H4 designation even after extended storage and exposure.
- Galvanized steel: OK AristoRod® 38 Zn is an AWS A5.18 ER70S-G solid MIG wire specially alloyed to minimize porosity and spatter on galvanized steels.
- Gas Equipment: The Victor D1G Dome Regulator provides very stable delivery for flows exceeding 30,000 cubic feet per hour, delivering the exceptional flow rates required for applications such as tube trailers and cylinder bundles.
As an integrated provider, ESAB offers and engineers system solutions that include filler metals, power sources, peripherals and mechanized and automated components. ESAB can optimize every facet of welding and cutting operations, increasing profitability, reliability and the end-user experience.
Live-arc demos at FABTECH include:
- Cutting automation: ESAB’s new DMX SmartCorner™ technology uses 3D interpolated bevel motion to cut outside beveled corners without a corner loop and cut inside beveled corners without rounding the edges. For cutting pipe in diameters from 50 to 300 mm alongside a cutting table for flat plate, explore ESAB’s new SmartPipe™ cutting system.
- Cross-country pipe welding: The ESAB Pipeweld Orbiter mechanized FCAW system and complete line of Pipeweld consumables were designed for pipeline welders, by pipeline welders. The Pipeweld Orbiter can lower cost-per-joint by 40 percent and complete projects 50 percent faster, especially for tie-in welds on cross-country pipelines.
- Tube & pipe fabrication: The new M317 orbital TIG welding system from Arc Machines Inc. features an advanced user interface that enables less-experienced operators to fine-tune parameters. A built-in camera provides visual confirmation, while the interface displays weld data in a graphical format.
- Shipyard: The Versotrac EWT 1000 is the most versatile and user-friendly tractor on the market for submerged arc welding on plate. Its rugged, modularized components can be disassembled into smaller units, hand-carried into confined or remote spaces and then reassembled in minutes without tools.
- Pressure vessel: The Integrated Cold Electrode (ICE™) three-wire sub arc process increases metal depositions rates by more than 250 percent over single-wire solutions while preserving mechanical and metallurgical properties.
A dedicated area will showcase ESAB’s most popular retail items. This area also provides distributor and channel partners with examples of ESAB’s merchandizing and marketing support, including one of the new ESAB ON THE ROAD traveling demo vans. FABTECH show-only specials include the year’s best available pricing on select Rebel, Cutmaster, Victor and Sentinel™ helmets.
About ESAB Welding & Cutting Products
ESAB is a recognized leader in the welding and cutting industry. From time-honored processes in welding and cutting to revolutionary technologies in welding and cutting automation, ESAB’s filler metals, equipment, and accessories bring solutions to customers around the globe.
ESAB Corporate Headquarters | Colfax Corporation
420 National Business Parkway, 5th Floor
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
P: (800) ESAB-123
Bill Wehrman | firstname.lastname@example.org
P: (636) 728-3057